Sunday, July 12, 2009

WE FOUND A CHURCH!!!


I am so excited!!! This has felt like such a long journey. I've been in Miami for 11 months now and Chad's been here for a little over two years. I have visited more churches in the last 11 months than I have in all of the years of my life put together. We've seen a lot of different things, but haven't found a place where we feel we belong. I'm not going to bash the churches we've been to...it's just been a struggle for us. We really desire to be involved in a church that's alive and real and growing...a place where we can connect to God with other people.

Last week we were driving in Joplin and passed by a building that said Ignitechurch.tv. I was intrigued and pointed it out to Chad. We decided to check it out this week. When we walked in, the people were very normal, friendly, and nice. When we walked into the service, the lights were off and I was able to focus my attention where it needs to be. The style of the worship music made it really feel alive. The pastor gave a great message on fearing God and 'having a form of godliness, but denying His power.' For the first time in a long time I left church feeling excited, challenged, and renewed. It was like a breath of fresh air. I am so thankful. I already want to go back. This is a place where I would be excited to bring people. I'd be excited to serve and be involved. This is a place where I feel like we fit!!!

No comments: