Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Project of the Week - Picture Frame Dry Erase Board


This week's project of the week is inexpensive, quick, and easy to make....which is a good thing. Right now I'm in the middle of making 4 quilts. I'm trying to focus my time so that I can finish them before we go on vacation....I can't wait to be on the beach!!!! Anyway, back to the craft. I think these would make a great gift for someone going to college. We all had dry erase boards hanging on our doors so that people could leave us messages. I wish I would have made one of these for us to use back then. I think it would be really cute hanging by a ribbon. If I had counter space in the kitchen, I think I'd use it to write the menu for the day. I think I'm going to set this one on my dresser or night stand and write a different verse on it each week....I need to find some fabric that better coordinates with our bedding. To make one yourself, all you need is a picture frame, fabric, and a dry erase marker. (If you want what your writing to stay on there longer, use a Vis-a-Vis marker and wipe it off with glass cleaner). I hope you all are having a great week!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

How cute is that!! I wish I would have had a board like this in college too!!
I got the wristlet and LOVE IT!!! We went to TX Monday for the Rangers/Red Sox game and I took it with me. It was so great to have! Thank you!!

Ashley said...

great idea! I would love to do this for my son's room!