Thursday, July 30, 2009

Soon-to-be Project of the Week - Restyling Furniture



This was my inspiration. I've read several tutorials on restyling furniture with paint, mod podge, and fabric. I've really been wanting to try this on my own, but I didn't want to mess up any of our furniture. Plus, we really don't have room for any more furniture. Well, I happened to stop in the Salvation Army store in Joplin a few weeks ago and I found a podium and a desk that I liked. I've been needing a podium for my classroom for a long time, but I've refused to pay a ridiculous amount for a new one. I'd rather spend my money on other things. So I've just been trying to balance a book in one hand while trying to write on the board with my other hand...not fun. Anyway, I got both the desk (which I think is really neat) and the podium for only $10 each. Crazy good deal! Now I'm just trying to decide how I want to do it. I'm thinking about painting the desk black and covering the podium with some sort of black and white print. I have a hard time visualizing what things will look like when they are finished. If you have any suggestions on what might look good, let me know. I plan on working on this the week before school starts. I'll post pictures when I'm finished. I really can't wait to do this one!

No comments: