Time is flying by! Blake is going to be here before I know it! I can't believe it's already been 32 weeks! I went to the doctor this week; I'm going every two weeks now. She said I'm measuring two weeks ahead and that I have been consistently two weeks ahead for a long time. So, she wants to do another ultrasound on Aug 18th! That sounds great to me! I'd love to see him again and I think it will hopefully put my mind at ease. I've been paranoid that he is going to be really big ever since I got pregnant. My doctor said she'd be more concerned if I had gestational diabetes, but all of those tests came back normal. She just wants to do another one so that she'll have a better idea as to what to expect when it's time for him to arrive. I asked if that meant he'd come early. She said not necessarily...just because he's big doesn't mean he's fully developed and ready to come out. I then told her that if it looks like he's not going to fit, I'm totally ok with doing a c-section. So we will see...is it the way he's positioned, the way I'm carrying him, the amount of fluid I have, or is he just big? Everything else looks good. I'm just very thankful I get to have another ultrasound. :)
This pic makes me laugh...Can you tell all my maternity shirts are starting to get too short?!
I've always loved the idea of marking our kids' height on something as they grow. I didn't want to do it on the door frame though. I came across this great idea on pinterest and loved it. It was very easy to do and pretty inexpensive too...$5 for the board, $3 for the paint pen, and I already had the stain for the book ledges. The tutorial on pinterest was super easy to follow. We haven't hung it up on the wall yet, but you can see what it looks like. I think it will be so fun to write on and use over the years.
It won't be long and these frames will be filled with pictures of Blake! Thanks to another tutorial I found online, I easily covered three of the mats (the rust colored ones) with fabric. Now that the frames are matted, I don't have to use the glass with the frame. I really don't like how there's always a glare on glass...problem solved. :)
Here's a better pic of the fabric covered roller shade. My mom and Keely did an awesome job on it. I didn't really want to buy blinds to put up, but I needed something behind the curtain to block out the light so that I could keep the curtains open. I found a couple of ideas on pinterest. The first thing we tried was painting the shade. Well, it ended up a little splotchy, so we moved on to the next idea which was covering it in fabric. I found this print last week on clearance at JC Penny's. It's actually from a twin sheet set, but it matched perfectly. My mom and Keely sprayed the shade down with adhesive and then carefully and smoothly covered it with the fabric. Then they flipped it over to glue the edges around the back. I think it turned out so cute. I love it. AND it was a lot less expensive than buying cordless blinds would have been.
My mom and sister-in-law, Keely, came up this week to help me with Blake's room. They did such a great job! I love the way it turned out!!! I am so thankful for them. I'm really not good at knowing what goes together and what doesn't. I've been looking through things on pinterest and trying to get ideas for weeks. There is no way I could have done this on my own. They were such a huge help. I even talked them into helping me hang things and decorate the rest of the house. It finally looks like we live here now! Before:
After: I'll be putting Jeremiah 29:11 in black vinyl letters above the crib.
I'll take the glass out of the frames and mat some pics of Blake when he gets here.
If you're linked to my pinterest, you can see what I'm going to do with the big board. It's basically a huge ruler growth chart.
Books will go on the lower shelf.
We had so much fun doing this! Chad has my camera right now, but I'll post a better pic of the window shade when I can. I can't wait for Blake to get here! Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
We started decorating and hanging things today. I haven't really hung much on the walls. We've been here for about a year and a half, but I have a really hard time knowing where to put things. Thankfully my mom and Keely were here and they helped me pick some things out and place them. It finally feels like we live here!
I could not have done this without the help of my mom and Keely! They did an incredible job!!! Here's some pics of the progress...
Taping...if you don't have an automatic level, they are worth every penny!
Sealing the tape...I came across a blog that recommended using Modge Podge to seal the tape and prevent the paint from bleeding through. This was very important because I don't have any of the paint they used on our house and I have no clue what the name of the shade was. This means we didn't have any paint to do touch ups with.
Painting...love the colors!
The big reveal...the Modge Podge worked! The paint didn't bleed through and we've got perfectly straight lines!!