Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
1. We went to a church in Grove last Sunday and really liked it! Yea!!! This has been a big struggle. The church we went to had a guest speaker, so we're going to check it out again this Sunday. It's just exciting to find a place that we both like.
2. I got to see High School Musical today at the Coleman Theater. I'll have to take pictures of it sometime. It's really old-timey and elaborate. The high school students performed in it and it was really pretty good. I love field trip days!!!
3. I'm looking for a new hobby. Those of you who know me, know that I love to shop...really I love to bargain hunt. I usually don't buy anything, but I love looking around and seeing what's out and how much things cost. I love getting a good deal on things. Well, since moving to Miami, that has pretty much stopped. There's not really anywhere to shop around here. That leaves me looking for something fun to do in my spare time after school. So this week I've been reading. I rarely read anything except for a devotional in the morning. However, Nicholas Spark's new book just came out...I'm on chapter 3 and it's pretty good. If you want to borrow it when I'm finished, let me know.
4. Chad's sister, Rachel, got engaged last Saturday! I'm so excited for her!!! I would give you more details, but Chad didn't get all the good details when he talked to her.
5. Since there aren't many restaurants in Miami, I'm always excited when I see things at Walmart that are from restaurants. For example, I love the TGIFriday's meals that you make in the skillet. I also like most of the Macaroni Grill pasta kits. I say most because I made one last night, Chicken Marsala with linguine, and it was pretty disgusting. Anyway, I was pretty exited when I saw Tony Roma's Ribs the other day. I fixed them tonight and they were delicious! I highly recommend them.
I hope you all are having a great week. I'll try to take some pics this weekend. We're headed to another softball tourn!
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Here we are having dinner on the beach one night...the best grilled shrimp I've ever had in my life. I think this dinner lasted about 3 hours. It was so fun. We got to see a beautiful sunset. When it started getting dark, they made us a candlelit path in the sand and lit a few tiki torches. We had a balcony outside our room with a hammock. I loved sitting out here. It was so beautiful and the weather was perfect.
One morning we went for a bike ride around town. We stopped at this beach for a few minutes. Everywhere we went was completely breathtaking...
This was after dinner one night. I think there were like 6 restaurants at our resort that we could choose from. They were all so good....not to mention the room service! There is also a resort called The Grand that was next door. These resorts are both under the same ownership. If you stayed at The Royal (which is adults only) you were able to use all of the amenities and restaurants at The Grand (which is also super nice, but is for families). If you stayed at The Grand, you were limited to only your resort. This night we ate at an Italian restaurant at The Grand.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
Amanda: Oh crap! What do we do?
Chad: Go grab some towels or something.
Chad: This is getting really hot. I don't know how long I can hold it.
Amanda: What do we do?
Chad: I don't know but we gotta do something. I'm going to need you to hold this (the water hose) while I figure out how do shut this off.
Amanda: Chad, but I just washed my hair....(I really shouldn't have said that. I didn't realize how bad it was. I thought he was just going to have me hold the hose while he turned a knob and I didn't want to get all gross.)
Amanda: Do you want me to call Bill or something.
Chad: No. I guess call 911.
Amanda: 911!?! Really? (I always associated 911 with life or death emergencies)
Chad: I don't know who else to call.
So then I called 911.
911: 911, What's your emergency?
Amanda: Um, our house is flooding really bad and I need someone to shut off the water.
911: Ok, is the water leaking on the inside or outside?
Amanda: Inside, but we need someone to shut off the water thing on the outside. It's by the curb.
911: Ok, I'll try to send someone over.
So then we waited and waited. Chad had been holding the hose that was full of scalding hot water for quite a while.
Chad: We gotta think of something.
Amanda: Like what?
Chad: I don't know just pray.
So then I prayed
Chad had a great idea to turn on all the other water faucets and the washing machine. This was a great idea. Our water pressure is pretty weak whenever we have water flowing out of more than one place. Then he told me how to adjust the hot water tank/heater thing to where it would only run cold water. These things made a huge difference. I was able to then hold the hose while Chad worked on things. We were still waiting on the firemen or whoever comes out for those calls. It seemed like it was taking forever. Chad made another call and was able to figure out how to shut the water off. About an hour and a half later, a city worker came by to help. Chad had already fixed the problem and we were cleaning up by then...I don't think they were in much of a hurry. Thanks to Chad's quick thinking, we were able to keep the water under control. It didn't flood anything and it didn't even get to the carpet. All of the water stayed on the linoleum floor in the kitchen and was pretty easy to wipe up. It was a pretty comical night.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Sunday, we decided to watch lifechurch online. I know..it's important to meet with other Christians and build those relationships. That's something that we both desire, but we just haven't found a place here that we're really excited about yet. This was the first week we stayed at home and watched lifechurch. I really miss it. Hopefully we'll find our church home here soon.
I think this was probably the best Sunday afternoon I've had here. Chad grilled us some steak and it was sooooo good! I think he's mastered grilling steak! I can't even explain how good it was! It was so nice of him to cook for me too. I loved it. Later that afternoon, we watched the Cowboy's game and then went outside and played corn hole...aka bean bag toss. It was such a great day! If only the weekends could be a little longer.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Today is my niece's birthday! Happy Birthday Hattie! I am so excited because I get to come to OKC tomorrow and I'll get to be there for her birthday party! I can't wait to see Hattie and the rest of my family and Danielle. By the way Hattie, thank you so much for your letter you sent me. I loved it. You made my day!