Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Couple of Days in OKC

Thanks to a math conference, I got to spend a couple of days in OKC last week. I had a great visit that was full of little bonus surprises. The math conference was kinda boring....not as good as I had hoped, but I did learn a thing or two while I was there. I saw several teachers that I had taught with before. They all shared their stories about what their students are like and it just made me really thankful to be where I am now. The students I teach here are really pretty good students. I also ran into Susan DeMoss while I was at the conference. For those of you who don't know who she is, she spent a lot of time really investing in my life while I was in the youth group. She also happens to be a math teacher. I'm so glad she was at the conference. We got to talk for a while and catch up on life. It was a huge blessing to get to see her. Another unexpected bonus...I walked to the downtown Quizno's for lunch and it just so happened that my friend Amy was on her lunch break. She came over and sat with me while I ate. It was great to see her and catch up with her as well. I can't tell you how much it means to me to see people I know these days.

Thursday night we had Hattie's birthday party at Brent and Keely's. I can't believe she's already 4 years old! She is so precious. Here are a few of the pictures I took.
Brent and Keely also invited Craig and Danielle over for Hattie's birthday party. I had so much fun with everyone. Danielle just dyed her hair a darker color and it looks fabulous! I love it. I don't think I've ever seen her with brown hair, but it looks great!
I don't have any pictures of the rest of my family...but it was really good to spend time with all of them.

No comments: