Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July Weekend


I spent the 4th of July with my in-laws this year and it was so much fun! Chad and I drove to Tahlequah Friday night and got to spend the whole weekend with family. I hope this becomes a tradition, because it was so much fun! Saturday was filled with different competitions. We were divided into teams by couples. Chad's sisters made each team t-shirts to wear...we were Isaacs Inferno. I wish I would have taken a picture of us all together in our shirts. Oh well. We started the day off with a fishing competition. The weather was perfect and we were able to fish for a couple of hours before it started raining. Then we came in and had lunch while we waited for the rain to stop...tons of food and really good desserts all day. Once it cleared off we had a corn hole (bean bag toss game) competition followed by a chipping contest. Now when they first said we were having a chipping contest I started to panic because I was thinking...chipping....we're in the country...isn't that when you throw cow poop??? I didn't want to make a big deal about it, but I was not wanting to touch cow poop!!! Thankfully I caught on pretty quickly that they were talking about chipping as in golf, not poop! Thank you!!! Later that night we played Texas Hold 'em. I'd never played before, but it wasn't too hard to learn all the rules. I ended up staying in for a long time and with Chad's help, I came close to winning. Chad's parents gave gift cards to the winners of each contest, which made it even more exciting! We all had such a great time together.

3 comments:

danielle said...

that sounds like so much fun!!! did ya'll win any of the competitions?

Amanda Isaacs said...

We got lucky on a few of them! :)

Anonymous said...

They won almost everything!