Thursday, February 24, 2011

10 Weeks!

10 Weeks!
Sunday, February 20th



My parents came up today!!! It was so great to see them. I wish they could have stayed longer, but I have a feeling they will once the baby gets here. There's so much to look forward to; I can't wait! At the same time, I'm trying to take everything in and enjoy every part (minus the nausea).

Symptoms: Still nauseous and tired. I'm really hoping that it will end soon. They say it usually goes away after the 1st trimester...I'm almost there. I have had some days where I've felt really good and that's so exciting. I try to do as much as I can on those days. I can't remember if I listed this earlier or not, but this whole time I've had really crazy dreams. It's so weird. I'm still really sensitive to smells, BUT my principal at school fixed my window so at least I can get some fresh air now. That has helped a ton.

My belly is also getting bigger. My students noticed this week. The secret is out. It was so funny...the student was so afraid to ask. It went something like this:
Student: "Mrs. Isaacs I have a question to ask you, but I don't want to ask."
Me: "What is it?"
Student: "I don't know if I can ask, I don't want you to be mad if I'm wrong."
Me: "I don't think I'll be mad. What's your question?"
Student: "Nevermind. I can't ask."
This went on for a while. She really struggled with saying something. All the other students knew what she was talking about and they were giving her a hard time, telling her to just ask. Finally another student came up to my desk and whispered it and I said yes, 10 weeks. They were all so excited! Then they all claimed that they've known for weeks and that there have been rumors that I was pregnant going around for a while. Probably so. I'm surprised it's taken them this long to ask. One student said she knew I was earlier that week when she saw me shoving a huge bagel in my mouth during class....hahah.

Food: Still avoiding most food. I've been mostly sticking to bagels. I have found a few things that I like this week though. Fudge frosted pop tarts are the greatest thing on the planet right now. I've been having them every day...sometimes twice a day. I also really like Cheeto's cheese puffs. I've nearly eaten the entire bag. Not the healthiest selections, I know, but at this point if I think it sounds good, I'm eating it. I did buy some carrots and cucumbers, but they've been sitting in the fridge all week. That's as close as I can get them to my mouth. I know I need to start eating better. Hopefully I can stand the thought of real food soon. It seems to be getting better!!!! Yea!

Baby: Our baby is slightly more than 2 inches long now, about the size of a lime. That's big! But then again, I compare that to the 21 inches of baby that I'll see at birth....holy cow that's huge! I still don't understand how something that big is going to come out of me.... Anyway, our 2 inch long baby is forming hair follicles along with fingernail and toenail beds. Our baby is pretty active rolling around in there doing stretches and summersaults, but I can't feel a thing at this point. Also, if it's a boy, testes are developing and if it's a girl, her ovaries are forming. I've been convinced that it would be a boy up until this week. Now I'm having thoughts that it might be a girl. Who knows....I can't wait to find out!

Thoughts: I go back to the doctor on March 7th. I doubt they'll do another ultrasound, but I'd love for them to. I want to actually see all the changes that have taken place. I just think this miracle that's growing inside me is so incredible. It just blows my mind when I think about it. All the changes that are happening and new things that are forming all the while I'm just going about my day. Seriously, the biggest miracle of my life is going on inside me and I'm not even doing anything. God's doing it all. As I think about that I think about my life. What would my life look like if I lived it that way...if I didn't do anything or get in the way and God just completly took over and worked through me?

Favorite this week: Hands down...fudge pop tarts. I could eat a box all at once. I love that something finally tastes good!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: