Thursday, February 10, 2011

7 Weeks


January 30th. 7 weeks!



I decided for the first few weeks I'm going to take the same picture (same shirt, same pose). I thought this might help in seeing changes. I know it's early, but I feel like my stomach is starting to stick out a little.

Symptoms: Feeling really really nauseated. I tried eating ginger candy...no help. I called in sick Monday. I felt pretty bad and the thought of being stuffed in a room with smelly students all day really made me want to barf. That's been another symptom. I've never really been able to smell things unless it really strong. That's changed. I smell everything and pretty much everything makes me want to barf. Thankfully, we had a major blizzard this week and I was out of school Tuesday - Friday, so actually I didn't go to school at all this week. I needed that. It was good to relax at home.

Food: I pretty much hate all food right now. This is new to me. I usually love food and love to eat. Not anymore. Nothing sounds good. Everything tastes different and weird. Even water doesn't taste right. I'm forcing myself to eat though and I try not to let my stomach get empty...that's when the nausea gets pretty unbearable. I've mostly just eaten crackers, cheese, and fruit. There was one night that pancakes sounded good...it was the first time ANYTHING sounded good. So Chad got out in the blizzard and took me to IHOP. He has no idea how greatful I am for that.

Baby: He/She is now the size of a raspberry (1/2 inch). The upper lip, nose, and eyelids are starting to form, along with fingers and toes. His or her heart is beating at the rate of 150 times per minute. Crazy! I really wish I could get a microscope and see for myself. It blows my mind that something so small can have so many features forming.

Thoughts: I really am just 1000% excited! I'm not really worried about anything. I love that. God has given me such a peace that everything is going to be just fine and that I need to just take it all in and enjoy it. He's continually reminding me of His promises and I just feel honored to get to have this baby.

Favorite:
These are my new prenatal vitamins. I love them. Why? I'll give you 3 reasons:
1. Everything is in one pill. My old vitamins had two...one vitamin and one fish oil or something. This one has everything all in one.
2. It has a vanilla coating. I HATE the taste of vitamins. The aftertaste makes me want to gag. These are much easier to get down.
3. I get them for free! My doctor gave me a promo card that pays your copay if your pregnant and on these prenatal vitamins.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: