Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Next Year


So I've been trying to figure out a plan for next year. That's really the only reason I've tried to keep this somewhat of a secret. I didn't want to tell people at school until I knew what I was going to do for the next school year. After talking with everyone I know that might have some insight or advice, this was my plan: Start the year, use my maternity leave, then use the rest of my sick leave. That would take me through the entire 1st semester and I'd still have my paycheck and insurance through December. Then I wanted to do a leave of absence for the 2nd semester. I wanted to be upfront with the administration in my school so they could plan on finding someone for pretty much the whole year. Well, the superintendent didn't like that idea. She said I might need to do a full year leave of absence. That would mean NO pay at all and NO insurance coverage... Needless to say, it's been a frustrating situation.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: