Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Project of the Week - Applique


If I keep making things and still enjoy doing it after the newness has warn off, I'm hoping to some day have an embroidery machine...nothing fancy, just a basic one. Until then, I have to come up with other ways to personalize things. That brings me to this week's Project of the Week....Appliqueing things. My first project was a kitchen towel. I just grabbed one of ours that we already had and some scrap material that was left over from another project. I decided to outline the "i" in red since our kitchen colors are red, black, and white. I can't decide if I like it better with the red thread or if I like a more subtle look where the thread blends in. Anyway, this is what I'll be working on this week. I'm starting to make my list of things to applique. If you have any requests, let me know!

No comments: