Monday, September 28, 2009

A Servant's Heart








If you know me very well, you know how special my grandpa (we call him Nandy) is to me.










Let me just say that my Nandy is one amazing guy! Wilmont Place Baptist Church (the church where he has served pretty much his whole life) contacted our family and told us they wanted to honor him in one of their upcoming services. We were able to make arrangements to be there for that service and surprise him last Sunday. He didn't know that any of us were in town and the look on his face when he saw all of us there was priceless. It was such special time for him and our family. I was so glad that we were able to be there and be a part of it. Nandy was honored at his church last Sunday for having such a servant's heart. He has volunteered at the church and cooked their Wednesday night meal for many, many years. He is 'retiring' from it and the church wanted to show their appreciation. It's not just the cooking though. It's his whole life that is such a godly example for others. He would do anything for anyone without thinking twice about it. If only I could develop that kind of true selflessness. He cares for the lost and is a friend to those in need...a true example of what it means to follow Christ. I am so proud of him and so thankful to have such an amazing grandpa.

The church was very generous and sent us all 20 of us to Charleston's after the service...Nandy and Ida Mary with the great grandkids...
Nandy and IdaMary with the grandkids...
Nandy and IdaMary with my parents and Aunt Susie...

1 comment:

danielle said...

what a special day!!!