Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend '09

I really wish I would have taken more pictures. I didn't get a good group picture with everyone in it...hopefully someone did and they'll share it. Um, and I'm not really sure what that piece of my hair is doing...it's like that in just about all of the pictures. Nice, huh. Anyway, I love spending time with my friends...especially when I don't get to see them very often. Leslie has made this such a great tradition. We all get together at her parents farm in Missouri for Labor Day weekend. It's a tradition that started with her parents...they've always invited their college friends up for the weekend. Leslie added to it when she started college by inviting all of us over for a weekend of fun. We usually spend a day or so at the lake and we usually float the Elk River too. I was a little worried about the weather this year, but it ended up being perfect. Since everyone has gone different directions since college, I treasure this time together even more. It's great to see everyone and catch up on life. I have such great friends! I think I laughed harder this weekend than I have in a long time. I love you all! I can't wait till next year.
Chad managed to get up on the wake board. I've never been able to get up on skis or a wake board. I tired it once and ended up on my face every time. I prefer to just hang out on the boat.

I also got to see Stacy and the twins this weekend. They surprised her family in Joplin and I got to stop by on Monday to see them. Again, I wish I had pictures to post because they are sooo cute! I don't know how Stacy does it all, but she's such a great mom! It was so good to see her.

No comments: