Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Time to Relax

Things have been a little hectic lately. My job has been stressing me out to the max. I needed a break... I needed to do something relaxing and enjoyable. Sometimes for my own sanity I just need to take a day for myself. Saturday was my day. Chad was at work and I had the entire day to myself. I started off by going to Joplin.
I had a coupon for a free 10 minute aqua massage and a tan...very nice. This was my first aqua massage. I've always wondered what they were like...I've walked by them at Penn Square Mall in Okc a million times. I'm glad I got to try it and in my opinion it was very relaxing.
Then I headed over to the mall and got a pedicure (by the way, these are not my toes in the picture). I love getting pedicures. I love sitting in the massage chair and having someone rub my feet. The problem is, I don't want to spend a ton of money so I usually go to the non-English speaking places because they are cheaper. They usually do a great job as long as there isn't anything particular that you're wanting. Every time I ask for a french manicure on my toes, it somehow gets messed up. So I've learned. I just had them paint my toes a sparkly red color and it turned out really good. Honestly I could care less if they painted my toes...I just want the foot massage. Anyway, it was so nice.
I also went to Bed Bath and Beyond and used my coupon to buy a therapeutic anti-stress microwavable neck pillow. I've been using it ever since and it is so nice! Needless to say, I really enjoyed my Saturday. Now I feel relaxed, refreshed, and ready for another week. I just wish some of you guys could have been here with me to enjoy the day. Those of you that are moms and don't get much of a break, I don't know how you do it.

After Chad got off work, we went to Joplin to meet with our IgniteGroup (Bible study group). There were 3 other couples there and I had such a good time. It's so great to finally find a church that I'm excited about and to find people that will challenge and encourage us. I love it!

3 comments:

Kendra said...

What a great treat to yourself!! You certainly deserve it!

danielle said...

that sounds like a perfect saturday. as i was reading, i was picturing you watching tv with that neck pillow.. it kinda made me laugh! :) love you.

Amanda Isaacs said...

You guys deserve a treat too!!! Dan, you know how cool I look when I'm lounging around the house! HA!