Tuesday, March 15, 2011

12 Weeks!

12 Weeks!
Sunday March 6th - Saturday March 12th



I went in for my 12 week appointment on Monday. I was thrilled when I walked into the room and I didn't have to put the gown/sheet thing on. Wahoo. :) I really don't know what all they do at each appointment, so it's always a surprise to me. This time when I went in she used the doppler and I got to hear the heartbeat! It was pretty incredible. She said everything looked great and sounded great. I love hearing good news. I go back in another 4 weeks (April 4th) and she said they'll schedule my big ultrasound when I go in for that appointment. I'm really excited for that one. I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl.

I've noticed a lot of changes this week. My back and hips have been really achy. My doctor said that it was because things were moving and shifting. I guess things moved up higher this week. Which is kinda weird. I was able to button a couple of my old jeans again. They were very uncomfortable by the end of the day though.

I'm not nearly as nauseated anymore!!!!! I still am VERY picky when it comes to food. Most regular stuff still doesn't sound good, but I'm hoping that will change soon too.

I feel like I have a little more energy. I still take naps as often as I can, but I'm feeling better. I hear the 2nd trimester is a lot better and I'm almost there!!!

Our baby is about 3 inches long and the size of a peach. Up till this point, our baby's intestines have been growing in a cavity inside the umbilical cord; this week they are moving to their permanent spot in the baby's abdomen. Our baby's vocal chords are also developing this week....can't wait to hear that sound. :)

One of my favorite things this week is.....my pillow. I couldn't seem to get comfortable. Several people have told me that they use one of the pregnancy body pillows. I really didn't want something that took up that much space and I really didn't want to spend a lot on a pillow. I found this one on sale for half off on amazon last week. I thought I'd give it a try and I love it. It kinda looks like a giant comma...



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

mgoff said...

ummm.....I cant wait to see you and that belly of yours! SO happy you are coming to town!