Sunday, January 16, 2011

Shopping




Have you seen the show Hoarders??? So gross! I'm all about getting a good deal on things, but this is a little overboard. I just watched an episode where this elderly lady just kept buying things because she got a "good deal" on it. She had food in her house that had expired SEVERAL years back. SICK. I've really been trying to watch every dollar we spend and shop wisely, especially when it comes to grocery shopping. I've done really well, but I think the key is that you still have to be disciplined. There are great deals out there, but you should still only buy things that you need or will use. It's getting easier and easier every week. I've learned to look through all the local grocery ads online and match up my coupons. I try to go grocery shopping on Thursday afternoons...Saturdays sometimes, but it's usually pretty busy then. I take my list and stick to it. I'm usually in and out of the store in a matter of 15 minutes or so. The actual shopping is really quick, it's going through and matching up the coupons that takes a little time. I enjoy doing it though. It's kinda like a game to me...to see how much I can save.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: