Monday, January 10, 2011

Pioneer Woman's Flat Apple Pie




This was soooo good! I got the Pioneer Woman Cookbook for Christmas (which I absolutely love). When I came across this recipe, I knew I had to try it.

Ingredients:
I used a pre-made crust (2)
5 peeled and sliced Granny Smith apples
2 T flour
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 t salt
6 T butter

***This recipe makes two***
Preheat the oven to 375. In a large bowl, stir together the apples, flour, lemon juice, sugar, brown sugar, and salt. Roll out the pie dough. Place half of the apple mixture on a crust. Fold over the edges of the crust so that it covers 2 to 3 inches of the apple mixture. Dot the top of the pie with chunks of butter. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. It was sooo good! Mmmm!

BUT please don't do what I did....



I wasn't thinking and I just put it on a flat cookie sheet...bad idea! The juice will run...and then spill over in the oven...and then start to smell bad....then it will form a huge cloud of smoke as you open the oven door....and then smell even worse, right before people come over to hang out. ugh.. that was dumb on my part. But now the inside of my oven is super clean :/
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: