Thursday, October 7, 2010

Favorite Stencil

So I found this stencil that I really like...
I was going to cover some canvas with different upholstery fabric and put it above the couch in the living room. I've been waiting to do it until I could go to my favorite fabric shops in OKC. In the mean time I've had these canvases just sitting in the living room. I've always wanted to paint on canvas, but I am far from an artist. I'm also extremely indecisive. The canvas would have remained white for a year if I had to paint something by hand. However I found this stencil that I loved and then I had an idea...






Now I just need to decide what to do on the large canvas. Any suggestions? I was thinking a saying or something to do with fall. I'd like to be able to change them for each season.

Here's the same stencil in the bathroom.












More to come...
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Brent Parsons said...

I think a big picture of your brother above your couch would look lovely!

Amanda Isaacs said...

Maybe you could give me a life sized portrait for Christmas! Ha!

rachel said...

Where did you get the stencil? It's a really good one! I love the wall decals that etsy has, especially the trees.