Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Week

Me and Chad...I have the best husband ever!

Due to parent/teacher conferences and our internet being down, I didn't get to post anything last week. Here's the quick catch up.
Church - We've been to different places every week. Friends Church, First Baptist, and this week we went to Newsong in Grove. Finding a church is a little more difficult than I thought it would be. We like the ones we've visited...some more than others. It will just take time to find out place.

Parent/Teacher Conferences - I always dread these, probably because the first few years I taught it was just a really bad experience. However, last year my conferences went really well and this year they went well too. Yea! The people I've met here have been really nice and they are all so laid back. I like that a lot. The first night I only had a few, but Thursday night I had a pretty full schedule. It was great to get to meet some of the parents. Teaching here is different, but I really like it.

Friday - Since I worked late last Tuesday and Thursday night, I had Friday off. I thought what a perfect time for me to go see Mindy and Daisy! I am so excited for the Goffs. Daisy is so beautiful! I'm glad it worked out for me to be able to come see them Friday. I could hardly stand being this far away when she was born. Chris and Mindy are going to be such great parents! Here's a pic of Mindy, Me, and Daisy.

While I was in town, I also got to see my mom, Brent, and Nandy. I'm still trying to figure out how to balance my time. It's just hard because I don't get to see everyone very often and when I'm in town I want to try to see everyone...however, when I'm just there for a day, I can't really do that and it just makes me sad. So to everyone I didn't get to see this time, hopefully I'll get to see you soon.

Audra and Rachel - Happy Birthday!!! Two of Chad's sisters have a birthday in September, so we all met up in Tulsa on Friday night to celebrate. I had a great time and it was fun to get to see everybody again. I feel really blessed to have married into a great family.

I think you're pretty much caught up. Here are a few pics. I'm also trying to figure out how to make a slideshow on here. We have a lot of really good pictures from our honeymoon that you all need to see. I can't describe how beautiful it was, you'll just have to see...hopefully soon.

Actually this picture was from last weekend, but every time I look at it, it cracks me up. I thought you might get a kick out of it too. Chad always leaves a mustache whenever he shaves off his scruff. Thankfully he doesn't keep it.

This is from today. I was waiting in the car while Chad went into Pete's to get me a Sunday paper...I really do miss all the ads in the Sunday Oklahoman. You know what else I really miss...I usually get the Joplin Globe and they usually don't even have any pictures from the OU games. I mean, I know that it's a Missouri paper, so it's ok that they don't put OU on the cover of the front page. I understand that, but seriously they should at least put some pictures in there. My poor bulletin board at school is pretty bare because I don't have any articles to cut out and post. Speaking of, I feel kinda lost on Saturdays that OU doesn't play...what do I do?


OU vs Cinncinati 9/6/08


Have a great week! If you're like me and you've moved, don't forget to change your voting location. I think my mom told me the cut off date is somewhere around October 6th.

1 comment:

mgoff said...

you two are so cute. enjoy every minute of being a newlywed,so glad we were able to see you last week. i need to call you soon reguarding some miami news