Monday, May 30, 2011

Daniel & Kristin's Apartment and Joplin High School

I'm way behind on my blog. It will probably be a while before I get caught up. I'll try to catch up a little here and there when I can. Things are pretty crazy right now and probably will stay that way for a while. Here's a few pics of our friends' (Daniel and Kristin) apartment. Thankfully neither of them were home when it happened. He was at work and she was at Wal-mart...the one that got hit. Thankfully she's going to be ok...more on her story later. She's recovering in Chicago now at her mom's house. Daniel is staying with us while he tries to put things back together. Anyway, here's a glimpse of where they used to live.












These next pictures are from Joplin High School. It's pretty much destroyed.











I haven't had much of a chance to drive around yet. When I do, I'll post more pictures. However, the pictures don't do it justice. For those of you that live in OKC, it would be kinda like if a tornado went down NW Expwy and took out all the restaurants and businesses along with Baptist Hospital...or if it went down Memorial and took out Mercy and all of the businesses and restaurants down that way. It's like the main part of our city is gone now. So many houses, apartments, doctors' offices, stores, restaurants, businesses....it's crazy. I'm so thankful that my friends that were right next to it or right in the middle of it survived and are going to be ok. I feel such heartache for the families of those that weren't so lucky.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: